Experiencing a financial hardship?
You may contact the Department of Financial Institutions, the Washington State Bar Association, or the statewide civil legal aid hotline for possible assistance or referrals.
The phone number for HUD approved housing counselors is 1-800-569-4287. The department of Financial Institutions referral number to the Washington State Foreclosure hotline is 1-877-894-HOME (4663). For legal assistance, you may contact the Northwest Justice Project that services low income persons and persons age 60 and older at 1-800-997-8944 weekdays between 2 and 4:30pm.
If you are unable to afford your mortgage payments and you wish to avoid foreclosure, a resolution may include but is not limited to:
- Loan Modification
- An agreement to conduct a short sale
- A deed in lieu of foreclosure transaction
Call toll-free at 1-800-547-7657, in order for us to evaluate your eligibility for these options, please have the following documents to present to us when discussing options for avoiding foreclosure:
- Pay stubs
- Benefit statements from Social Security, disability, unemployment, retirement, or public assistance
- Tax return
- List of assets, including the amount owed and the value (home, other real estate, retirement funds, investments, checking account, savings account, automobile, other)
- Amount of monthly income
- List of expenses and monthly amount owed (mortgage, auto payment, auto insurance, auto fuel/repairs, credit card payments, child support/alimony, day care/tuition, food, utilities, medical, hone, cable tv, entertainment, other, etc.)